Homespunspa, recipes for sleep and beauty, Effervescent Bath Bombs I enjoy making bath bombs because I find the experience of running my hands through the slightly gritty and fragrant mixture highly therapeutic. The activity is like a cross between kneading dough and sifting sand through your fingers at the beach. Oh and tossing a couple in bath water is fun too.
- 2 cups BAKING SODA: soothes itchy skin, clears blemishes, softens bath water and eliminates foot odour.
- 1 cup CITRIC ACID: The fine crystals lend anti-oxidant properties to recipes.
- 2 TB ALMOND OIL: Good for normal, dry and mature skin. Has cleansing, moisturizing and conditioning agents.
- 10-15 drops ESSENTIAL OILS of your choice.
- 2-10 drops FOOD COLOURING
- 1 cup WATER: Hydrates, lubricates and cleans. Extends recipe volume and provides a base to blend ingredients.
You will also need:
- 1 water mister spray bottle
- 1 + moulds (optional) like mini muffin tins, cookie cutters or custom clay plates.
- Combine baking soda and citric acid in a large bowl.
- To almond oil, add essential oils and food colouring and add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Using a water mister, spray mixture about 7-10 times. Begin packing handfuls of the mix as if you're making snowballs. Repeat sprays until mixture is sticky enough to hold its shape when pressed with your hands. (Note: The less water used, the better the bath bombs will fizz. And using minimal water will also make the details of your moulds sharper).
- If you are using moulds, have them ready and pack them well. Use spoons and your thumbs. The more you pack them, the better.
- Make as many balls / figures as your mixture allows. Let stand for 24 hours.
- Wrap in cellophane and ribbons to allow for easy storage and gift giving.
Recipe from Jaime Ready.
BEACH TOWELS June is a good time to buy new beach towels. This month Homespunspa is offering 35" x 70" (really big) towels for $25 CAD plus taxes and shipping We ship anywhere. And if you mention your Ewesletter subscription, you will get a 10% discount. These plush towels are not yet featured in our online stores, so jump in early.
Available in sage, turquoise, royal blue, indigo, red, orange, yellow and white.
Great to have on hand for your next spa day or pool party.
And towels make great birthday, Father's day, graduation and bridal shower presents.
AROUND TOWN ANNOUNCEMENTS
Visit our Homespunspa booth at this year's Sidney Days Sidewalk Sale Sunday, June 29th, 10am-4pm (somewhere on Beacon Avenue) in Sidney, BC.
Also, keep your eyes peeled for an article written about Homespunspa in the next month's issue of Victoria's E.A.T. Magazine.